nv-l

Re: Going from AIX to Solaris

1999-02-23 14:48:40
Subject: Re: Going from AIX to Solaris
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:48:40 -0500
        We are currently using Netview 5.1 on Solaris with no 3rd party
products.  We "were" using Openview on Solaris with Cabletron SPMAs,
CiscoWorks, CiscoView, and Transcend and all worked.   None of these
products work with "Netview on Solaris".  Cisco has CiscoWorks2000 but
it really is a standalone and you add a Tivoli piece to link the two in
some manner.  I have been strugling with this issue for a long time,
with no great results.
        If I am wrong about any of these products working on Solaris with
Netview please let me know.

        Good luck

        Jeff Fitzwater
        CIT Systems & Networking