nv-l

Netview 4 with cisco routers

1999-02-23 10:09:06
Subject: Netview 4 with cisco routers
From: Rob Wilkinson <Rob.Wilkinson AT MBS.GOV.ON DOT CA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:09:06 -0500
Hi,

We use Netview for monitoring 1600 cisco routers. The environment is very
dynamic in that there are constant changes to the network such as removal,
upgrading, additions of cisco routers daily.

Netview maps are always wrong because they contain the old information and it
is always necessary to go and update them manually. We use a seed file so we
need to add the new entries to this and bounce netmon.  When a router is
removed physically we need to go and remove it manually from the maps.

We always have disconnected elements on our root map and have tried deleteing
them and they always come back..

Does anyone have a similar situation and how do you manage this or automate it?

Thanks,

Rob