nv-l

Re: Calculating utilization

1999-02-23 03:51:59
Subject: Re: Calculating utilization
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb AT TRIPLE-P DOT NL>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:51:59 +0100
Hello Wouter,

>Question number two:     If I browse the mib, the tokenRingPstatsDataOctets
>value keeps rising. In other words, it is not a Delta Value.
>               Does anybody know how these values get converted to give a
>delta value each time the graph is updated?

tokenRingPstatsDataOctets is of type COUNTER, this means it keeps
incrementing. The NetView grapher converts these values to delta's for display.

Regards,

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg                      Triple P Nederland B.V.
Consultant                              Enterprise Management
e-mail: bdisselb AT triple-p DOT nl            PO Box 245
tel:    +31 (0)347 353317               4130 EE  Vianen
mobile: +31 (0)655 833355               The Netherlands