nv-l

Re: responding to prompt in ksh script

1999-02-19 22:56:38
Subject: Re: responding to prompt in ksh script
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:56:38 -0500
Check out the man pages for .netrc. Basically, you can set up a netrc file to
script a transfer. You won't need expect unless it is something where you need
an if - then - else block.

Steve Francis wrote:

> The more generic and expandable way to do this is to use expect and tcl.  Of
> course, this requires you learn expect, but I find it invaluable in nework
> management.
>
> Booker Rosemary wrote:
>
> > I've actually used a single command line prompt in a script for ftp
> >
> > ftp -v -n wis2 < nms.params
> >
> > where nms.params =
> > user <username> <userpassword>
> > ascii
> > put <filename>
> >
> > This way I don't have to wait for prompts from ftp.
> >
> > I think tftp has the same sort of functionality.
> >
> > Rosemary

Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management
http://www.tkg.com