nv-l

Re: trapd

1999-02-19 11:27:26
Subject: Re: trapd
From: "Whitehead, Neil" <whitern AT RBOS.CO DOT UK>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:27:26 -0000
I had a similar problem not too long ago...

I'd reconfigured my NetView Server (v4.1.2) forward selected traps to
another SNMP manager.

I then modified some of the trap definitions in trapd.conf to indicate
that these traps should be forwardred. Everything was fine, traps were
being recieved and processed and the traps that had been configured to
be forwarded were being forwarded.

I then changed another trap (admittedly it was for Systems Monitor which
no longer supported, but still...) and all of a sudden netmon &
snmpCollect stopped running.

All the trap modifications were made via the xnmtrap application.
Strange!!! Still haven't got to the bottom of it...

Neil Whitehead (x22808)
IT Services (Telecoms)
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Tel: 0131-523 2808