nv-l

Re: Deinstalling HAView....

1999-02-16 18:33:54
Subject: Re: Deinstalling HAView....
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:33:54 -0500
<BEGIN RANT>
Ahh..  Haview.  That's a sore subject over here.  I hope you aren't trying
to monitor a few (like 6) clusters.  If you are you will see the line "Fatal
error in write: Bad file number" scroll though your nv6000.log faster than
you cant do anything about it.  After your file system is full (hopefully
your $HOME isn't in / ) you can call Netview support and ask for the APAR.
<END RANT>

To remove Netview's knowledge of HAVIEW simply delete the two links to
viewEvents and haview that reside in /usr/OV/registration/C.  Next time
Netview is launced, haview will not be executed.  You will probably want to
delete the parent icon (Clusters  i believe) from all user's maps too.

What have been your experiences with the product?  Any problems?

Bryan Brook