nv-l

Discovery Problem

1999-02-16 06:22:28
Subject: Discovery Problem
From: John Creasey <creasey AT OZEMAIL.COM DOT AU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:22:28 +1100
Has anyone seen a problem like this?
I added a node today using the loadhosts command.
It added normally stating the usual 1 node added,
1 interface added.  However the node does not apear
on the maps and if I do an ovtopodump of it nothing
is printed.  I can find it if I search the entire ovtopodump
-rl file, but it has no interfaces and is listed as not
snmp enabled.

I can't find any reason for this.  The node snmpwalk's fine
and there are no duplicated ip addresses that I can discover.

Anyone seen a similar problem or have any suggestions?
John Creasey.