nv-l

passing parameters

1999-02-15 05:59:51
Subject: passing parameters
From: Dirk Goeldner <DIRK.GOELDNER AT LHSYSTEMS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:59:51 +0100
Hi there,

i want to run a shell-script, which i have to invoke with some parameters. I
found
$NVATTR_2 is "host name to which trap applies" and $NVA is "agent address".
But I need to pass the name of the interface the caused the trap!
Example: Router 1.1.1.1 (test) has an interface 1.1.1.2 (testi1). When
testi1 "breaks"
down the router sends a trap: Origin "test", message: "Interface testi1
down." I want
to run a script which gets "testi1" as a parameter. How is this name as a
variable or
however?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Dirk Goeldner                                   Lufthansa Systems
Bachelor of Applied Computer Sience             Desktop and Network Services
Avitrium, Room 2.07                             FRA AK/E-EN
Tel: +49-69-696-90280                           Im Taubengrund 6
Fax: +49-69-696-96790                           65451 Kelsterbach, Germany