nv-l

Re: Migrating from v4.1 to 5.0

1999-02-11 12:51:36
Subject: Re: Migrating from v4.1 to 5.0
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:51:36 -0500
Well, I am not all that familiar with the GUI on 4.1 for Digital since we
don't ship it.  But I am talking about the same process as Blaine Owens was
in the append posted by Alain Menezes.   Somewhere in your menus (ours is
under  Maintain) is an option to Backup Selective Data.   That is how you
create the /usr/OV/back.V4r1 file you will need for migration.  Where it
says "Directories to save" you let it default to /usr/OV/ALL.USER.  There
is a similar script on the CD itself which is probably more current and if
I remember the release notes correctly, we probably told you to use that
one to create the file.  But however you do it,  that's what has to be
done.  And be sure to read the release notes with the new product carefully
before you do anything.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso AT TRANSALTA DOT COM> on 02/11/99 12:34:04 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>