nv-l

Re: MIBfiles per Microsoft NT4.0

1999-02-05 17:51:20
Subject: Re: MIBfiles per Microsoft NT4.0
From: Paul Anderson <paul.anderson AT AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO DOT UK>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 22:51:20 -0000
I'm also interested in the use of Microsoft's Perfview for creating mibs.
However I have found that the agent created by perf2mib is not very
reliable. I have found I cannot 'walk' the mibs, I can only get answers by
asking for specific mib locations. I have also found that if you don't
carefully follow this rule, the remote snmp agent you are querying is liable
to crash!

It was also a bit disconcerting to find out that Microsoft have withdrawn
support for perf2mib!?! Check out their tech support site.

but  since it's 'free' I may persevere a little longer...

I would like to hear about anybody else's experiences.

regards Paul