nv-l

Re: Hypothetical Question

1999-02-04 16:29:44
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:29:44 -0500
Ken -

That's a well-thought-out and well-executed HACMP setup.  Don't think I
have ever seen better.    And I think that it will work just fine if you
can get a fix for those authentication errors.   Good job.

I usually don't recommend HACMP for NetView and prefer the two machine
approach instead.  The reason is that hardware is a one-time expense and
people are not.   They require training and an understanding of what they
are doing.   I find that many customers leave NetView in the hands of
relatively unskilled folks, and expecting them to do the right things, like
reset_ci, at takeover time, is not always a good bet.  But anyone can
understand a backup procedure called "walk over to the other box ".

Just my two cents.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Ken Garst." <KGarst AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM> on 02/04/99 02:19:57 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>