nv-l

Re: NetView Programming (was nothing)

1999-02-04 10:53:36
Subject: Re: NetView Programming (was nothing)
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:53:36 -0500
Take a look at the on-line books shipped with NetView for NT.  You'll find
Programming manuals there which are not shipped in hard copy.  They should
answer most of your questions.

NetView does not contain a compiler for anything other than MIBs.  You must
install your own compiler.  For NT we use MS Visual C++.

The APIs  are documented in the Programming manuals.

All the APIs are in C.  If your other language supports you making calls to
C functions, then you could use it, but basically all the binrary
executables are written in C/C++.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Maghawry Maghawry <maghawry AT USA DOT NET> on 02/04/99 07:34:44 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>