nv-l

Collection problem on NT Netview 5.1

1999-02-03 01:54:49
Subject: Collection problem on NT Netview 5.1
From: "Ben-Shalom, Omer" <omer.ben-shalom AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:54:49 -0800
I am collecting MIB information form Bay's private mib in the
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.synoptics.products.series5000.s5Et
h.s5EnStat.s5EnBStatTable.s5EnBStatEntry tables
specifically the broadcast and some others
these table has a composite key in which the backplnane data I am interested
in is instances 802001-802012
I specified the instances to be 8020[01-12] and checking a day later found
out data was collected for ALL instances
(and from the look of the key you can guess there are a large number)

Any idea why the program takes 8020[01-12] as a '*' instead of instances
802001 to 802012 as expected ?
what should be entered in the instances to get the required collection.

Omer Ben-Shalom
Network Designer/Analyst
FAB18/Telecom
> *     iNET:  666-6092