nv-l

NetView for AIX

1999-01-29 13:56:16
Subject: NetView for AIX
From: "Michael J. Dawson" <michael.dawson AT EY DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:56:16 -0500
I have a client that currnetly has the following two configurations:

1)      RS/6000 59H
        AIX 4.2.0
        Netview 4.1.2
        Optivity NMS 8.1
        CiscoWorks 4.0
        CiscoView 4.1(1.0)
        CWSI 1.3

2)      RS/6000 250
        AIX 3.2.3
        Netview 3.1.1
        Optivity 6.1

The current plan for the first system is to upgrade to CiscoWorks 2000 (CWSI
Campus) as CWSI 1.3 is not Y2K ready.
A recent response from Tivoli support also recommended upgrading to Netview
5.1 as the 4.x product will no longer be
supported after Q2 1999.  Can anyone confirm this and let me know if there are
any roadblocks that they might
encounter if they do upgrade to Netview 5.1?  Also, would it be possible for
anyone to give a ball park estimate as to the
amount of time required for one resource to perform the upgrade?

For the second system, the client has plans to upgrade to AIX 4.3 and Optivity
8.1.  Since the apps on this server are not
mission critical they will most likely wipe the server and do a fresh install
instead of a more  complicated AIX migration.
Netview 3.1.1 will not support Optivity 8.1, should they install Netview 5.1?
Will an RS/6000 model 250 even support
Netview 5.1? Can anyone give a ball park estimate for the amount of time
required for one resource to do a fresh install
of Netview 5.1?

Thanks,
Mike Dawson