nv-l

Re: Security Issue

1999-01-28 01:22:30
Subject: Re: Security Issue
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:22:30 -0500
This is a known bug.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

================
Hi all,

There is a procedure to give security administration to a user different
that root.
This procedure is on page 2-11 from NetView Administrator's Guide Book.
If you excute each step, when you try to run "nvsec_admin", I get the
following message:

<>ERROR: User must be root. Permission denied for "nvsec_admin"

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

                                                             Adrian