nv-l

Show green 4 red (Newbie)

1999-01-27 06:33:26
Subject: Show green 4 red (Newbie)
From: Jan Katzenstein <jkatzens AT AM-GRUPPE DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:33:26 +0100
Hi all!

We are using NetView V5.1. and do have several Cisco router WAN links
including some dialup ISDN backup links on the same router.

Since the backup link is usually offline, the connected icon in the map is
RED.
This is correct because the link not available if the regular WAN links are
up.
But this feature decreases the visibility of our application.

Questioning IBM about this "feature" we got the answer: Works as
designed...

Because we get an information when the normal WAN link goes down, we
a) like to disable that port view or
b) let the port show green, when offline and red when online.

Does anyone know a way to make it work?

Thanks!

Jan E. Katzenstein
CGI Informatik Deutschland GmbH