nv-l

Re: data collection on switches

1999-01-26 19:08:30
Subject: Re: data collection on switches
From: Darren Mitchelmore <Darren_Mitchelmore AT NAG.NATIONAL.COM DOT AU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:08:30 +1000
Hello,

I have also been interested in the values that snmpCollect stores.  The
only doco I have seen so far is from the dynatext which isn't detailed. It
discusses that Inoctets is a snmp counter and as such will be stored in
floating point value. This does not look like the values I see.

I believe that the figures I see are not the pure counter value.
They appear to be the change in the counter value since last poll devided
by the polling interval in seconds. ?

Has anyone looked into this further or found documentation  ?

Darren.