nv-l

Re: Netview 'challenges'

1999-01-26 07:52:03
Subject: Re: Netview 'challenges'
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT SKILLS-1ST.CO DOT UK>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:52:03 +0000
Hi Paul,
Re a) - long delays on events appearing is usually associated with name
resolution problems - I'd start checking there.  It seems a little odd
that firing up nvevents on its own comes up fast, but by then your name
resolution mechanism may have cached most of what you want....  Also,
Optivity used to have a lot of its own event filtering that you got by
default - it's a long time since I used it so this may have changed, but
that's the second place I'd look for your event log problems.

Cheers,
Jane

--
Tivoli Certified Consultant