nv-l

NetView Databases

1999-01-22 17:53:14
Subject: NetView Databases
From: Art DeBuigny <[email protected]>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:53:14 -0600
Hi all;

I was wanting to get some ideas as to how other folks are handling the
databases within NetView on AIX.  We are currently using the standard
flat file format, but are considering enacting a sybase or oracle
database solution as our database is quite large, and will only get
larger as time flies by.

I wanted to know what kind of performance issues would be involved with
converting to a third party database solution.  Would we take a hit, or
gain ground.  Are there any challenges that I need to know about?
Should the database be run on a seperate server, or can (should) it run
on the same box as NetView.

Also, how many objects are your databases running out there?

Thanks!

Art DeBuigny
Bank of America Network Solutions
art.debuigny AT nationsbank DOT com