nv-l

Re: Advice for a new Server

1999-01-16 11:04:26
Subject: Re: Advice for a new Server
From: Don Sykes <dsykes AT INTERPATH DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 11:04:26 -0500
Depending on the size of your network and number of users of the machine,
the main advice I would give you is to be sure you get a multi-processor,
expandable machine.  I was talked into a 43P-140 a year ago and it generally
does the job but could really benefit from a second processor.  (we have
approx. 12000 items in the objects database, and are running Optivity,
ForeView, Apache Web Server and Tavve NITS on this machine)  Luckily we're
getting a hand-me-down dual processor F50 from an application which is
moving to a SP2.  :-)