Re: Differences between Netview on NT & UNIX
We have just done an evaluation on both
Netview on NT...
- Does not appear to support SNMP V2
- Won't integrate with CiscoWorks and most element managers
- is very user friendly compared with Unix
- seems to crash continuously. Netview even implement a watchdog every 15
minutes for the daemons to see if they crash
- Seems to be a huge load on the NT Server and will not handle very large
We decided to stick with Unix due to the size of the Network and the fact
the Netview for Unix is much more stable.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Neil Phillips [SMTP:Neil.Phillips AT DIGITAL DOT COM]
> Sent: Wednesday, 13 January 1999 1:41
> To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu
> Subject: Differences between NetView on NT & UNIX
> Does anyone know what the differences are between NetView v5.1 on NT, and
> NetView v5.1 on UNIX.
> Neil Phillips
> Compaq Network Support Group
> Compaq Computer Limited