nv-l

NetView 5.1 Upgrade

1999-01-14 09:20:36
Subject: NetView 5.1 Upgrade
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:20:36 -0500
Hello, I just installed NetView 5.1. Everything seemed to be going real
well (i think it was almost finished - it started a couple of the
daemons) when suddenly my Framewok windows blew away. Then I couldn't
bring up Tivoli Framework (error something like "dispatcher failed"). I
rebooted to correct this problem.

Not feeling comfortable with the install I deinstalled the NetView
Server. I have also run the cdrom /MUSTSEE/cleanup script. Now when I
try to reinstall it fails with the following error:

  Requisite Failures
  REQUIRED FILESETS:  The fileset under test cannot be installed without
  the following filesets.  (These filesets are not currently installed.)
    nv6000.base.obj v=5, r=1, m=0 OR m>0      # Base Level Fileset

Any suggestions? Thanks?

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens AT eastman DOT com