nv-l

Re: AW: Support AIX 4.2.1 and NetView upgrade

1999-01-12 12:34:05
Subject: Re: AW: Support AIX 4.2.1 and NetView upgrade
From: David Easter <David_Easter AT BAYNETWORKS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:34:05 -0500
Ken/Richard,

  Just for clarification, NMS 8.1.1 is not currently supported under
NetView 5.1.  Not sure who at Bay said it would be certified for NetView
5.1, but that was wishful thinking.

  Nortel Networks may regression test it against NetView 5.1 in the near
future, but right now, it is not officially supported.  However, as Richard
states, I haven't heard of any problems running under NetView 5.1 besides
the lack of official support.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-Regarding-=-