Re: Large Scale Netview Implementation Design
We have a very large scale Netview implementation at Prudential. We have
regional servers and
one central server. For more details please contact me at
(973)716-6611(USA address) or e-mail me at
arun.kant AT prudential DOT com.
Zahir Tohir <Zahir AT MESINIAGA.COM DOT MY>
Tuesday January 12, 1999 12:00 AM
Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>
To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu
cc: (bcc: Arun Kant/IIG/Prudential)
Subject: Large Scale Netview Implementation Design
I am required to design a large scale Netview implementation :
The requirement is :
1) Need 1 Central Netview Server - which have all the maps of regional
servers and all below it.
2) Need 9 Regional Server - each regional maitain the view of its own
Regional nodes only (map of its region)
3) Regional Netview server do polling on each region an update Central HQ -
so that it minimize network traffic.
4) Regional Netview server filter all traps & event and forward only the
CRITICAL event to the Central Netview.
5) All will be on AIX Machine
First of all, can it be done ? I never done it before. Need help on this