nv-l

Re: Searching For & Deleting and Object

1999-01-11 23:57:17
Subject: Re: Searching For & Deleting and Object
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:57:17 -0500
Vince, back to your original question, when I see that message from
ovtopofix, I ignore it. When I next open the map and it synchronizes,
I believe the offending object is gone (it was probably an interface
or something).  I may be wrong.

You might also want to check out the new option on ovmapcount , -b.
It searches the map databases for things that do not exist in the object
database. These would be things you CAN find on the map but which
have no object id when you display object info. I think this is the kind
of problem Blaine is talking about. These things have to be found
on the map and deleted, ovmapcount -b just points them out, apparently.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 01-11-99

"Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT EASTMAN DOT COM> on 01-11-99 08:41:05 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>