nv-l

Re: Seedfile problems

1999-01-11 15:09:18
Subject: Re: Seedfile problems
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:09:18 -0500
The SMIT screens in AIX and the Tivoli Framework invoke the very same
script(s).  The difficulty is that SMIT does  removes leading blanks
between the options and the Framework does not, so the scripts had to be
re-written to parse the passed data both ways.  Since the documented way
to changes in V5.1 is via the Framework menu, the Verification people did
not test the scripts with SMIT.    The last time someone reported one of
these problems, we decided to fix it, despite the fact that Tivoli doesn't
recognize SMIT, since so many migrating users were continuing to use SMIT.
So I would think that we would fix this if you report it to Support.

I trust you know that an easy workaround is to manually edit the netmon lrf
file to remove the bad options and then do    ovdelobj
/usr/OV/lrf/netmon.lrf
     ovaddobj /usr/OV/lrf/netmon.lrf

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jane Curry <jane.curry AT SKILLS-1ST.CO DOT UK> on 01/11/99 01:22:31 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>