nv-l

Re: Framework 3.6 Plus

1999-01-07 14:22:43
Subject: Re: Framework 3.6 Plus
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan AT 2ND-WAVE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:22:43 -0500
Gil Irizarry wrote:

> Hi All:
>    I am in the process of installing Framework 3.6 & NV 5.1. The release
> notes are dated 9/98.
> 1. Do I need to install patch 3.6-RCL-0002 before installing NV5.1?

This a patch for the TME 10 Remote Control product.   If you don't have
RC installed, you won't need the patch.

> 2. Can I get it via ftp?

With the exception of Netview, all Tivoli patches can be found at
ftp://ftp.tivoli.com/support/patches.

There is also a web site with the info in HTML
http://www.support.tivoli.com.

> 3. Where is it ?.
> 4.How can I ftp only the AIX related patches?
>
> Migrated AIX OS from 4.1.5 to 4.3.2, installing Framework from scratch and
> migrating Netview from NV 2.1. to NV 5.1.
> Thanks in advance.
> Gil Irizarry

Netview patches are not quite using the Tivoli format, yet.
Regardless, Tivoli patches are shipped with multiple platforms (INTERP's
in TME 10 lingo) in the bundle.   If you understand the format you can
unpack them, it's not easy.

If you have the Tivoli SIS product, you can selectively import
INTERPs.   There is also a command wcpcdrom which you can use to extract
a particular INTERP type.

This is all a moot point because I have not seen a Netview patch shipped
in the Tivoli format, yet!