nv-l

Re: WAN traffic monitor?

1998-12-31 09:11:37
Subject: Re: WAN traffic monitor?
From: Don Helms <dhelms AT SW DOT ORG>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:11:37 -0600
Check out MRTG at http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html We
are using Netview for notifications,monitoring, mapping,  etc.  I use MRTG for
simple stat graphs.  It creates a http viewable graph for any SNMP OID.  Does
a nice job of graphing daily, weekly and yearly HTTP viewable gif files.

You will need to compile to your unix flavor and it takes some work to set up,
but it runs well on any simple x86 pentium w/ BSD or Linux or any 'comercial'
unix like AIX, etc.  You will need Perl 5.x and a HTTPD for web server.  Also,
it's FREE!

-Don