nv-l

Source IP of SNMP traps from NT agents

1998-12-30 16:41:28
Subject: Source IP of SNMP traps from NT agents
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:41:28 -0600
Is it possible to control/configure what IP address is the source IP address
for SNMP traps generated by an NT system configured with multiple IP
adapters?  We are receiving SNMP traps from NT systems sourced by an IP
address rather than the DNS system name.  The NT server is using a different
adapter's IP address for the source of the traps rather than using the IP
address we have defined in the DNS.  Cisco allows one to control this value
using the "snmp-server trap-source" configuration command - does Microsoft
have a similar config. statement or registry setting for NT?

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123
Phone: 651-687-4536
Fax: 651-687-6946
E-mail: joe.prokott AT westgroup DOT com