nv-l

Rediscovering a previously deleted object

1998-12-22 15:34:35
Subject: Rediscovering a previously deleted object
From: Chris McBride <ChrisM AT RIGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:34:35 -0600
In a slip of the fingers the other day I deleted a router in Netview.  I did
a 'Delete from all submaps'...  I was hoping that the router would be
rediscoverd, but it never has.

In investingating the issue I've determined that Netview has an entry in the
database of the following:

$ ovobjprint -s rtr01-002.localfed.rins.net
                OBJECTID                SELECTION NAME

OBJECT: 105515

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
        10              Selection Name
"rtr01-002.localfed.rins.net"
        11              IP Hostname
"rtr01-002.localfed.rins.net"

And that's it.  This is obviously a 'hint'.  But I can't find an object in
the map for this.  I'm only using 1 map, so I know it's not in another map.

I've gone through the process to delete this hint.  I've used 'ovtopofix
-A', and 'ovwdbdmap -d' and both of them actually delete the above entry,
but netview just goes back out and just re-adds the hint.  I've tried to a
manual 'nmdemandpoll', but it says that the hostname is not found.  I can
ping using the hostname, and can telnet to the router fine.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is?  How can I get netview to put this
router back on the map and do a complete discovery on it?

Thanks!