nv-l

Checking a port or service on NT

1998-12-21 13:52:27
Subject: Checking a port or service on NT
From: Jeff Singer <jsinger AT RICOCHET DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:52:27 -0800
I have an IIS server that is crashing (no-one can access the web page on the
server).  The server itself does not go down, just IIS.  So I would like to
set netview up to send me a message when this happens.  I tried using
nvsniffer to see if it returns isHTTPSupported, but even when IIS is down,
it still returns isHTTPSupported.  So this doesn't seem to work.  Has anyone
out there set netview up to do what I am trying to do ?  If so how ?  Why
does nvsniffer still return isHTTPSupported when the service is down ?

Thanks
Jeff

*  Jeffrey H. Singer        Phone: 408-399-8257             *
*  Network Engineer         Email: jeff.singer AT metricom DOT com *
*  Metricom, Inc.           Web:   http://www.metricom.com  *