nv-l

Re: NVevents, SNMP config questions

1998-12-18 12:40:34
Subject: Re: NVevents, SNMP config questions
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:40:34 -0500
About all you can really do is have it not start up automatically. That
will also suppress the launch of the control desk. Do this by editing the
registration file for Nvevents. Take out the '-Initial' flag on the command
that starts nvevents. You can launch it later by draging it off the
toolbar.

To make a subsequent launch of the events not launch a new control
desk with it (those pesky control desks that attach themselves to the
bottom of your submaps), modify the app-defaults file for Nvevents.
There is an 'outside' entry that lets it start outside the control desk.
There
are two similar entries, and I use the second one. You might want both.
There are similar entries for event history (in Nvela) and the graph tool
(in XNm).

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Netview 5.1 on AIX: Does someone out there know a setting (somewhere in
app-defaults, I presume) to have the Nvevents window started minimized?  I
found the settings for the Navigation window and the tool bar, but not
Events.  Every time the GUI is restarted, the events window pops up on top
of the map, and this is an operations center where the
system/keyboard/mouse
are far removed from the console.

Thanks,

Rob Rinear
Dirigo Incorporated
Systems and Network Management Solutions
(513) 421-6500
robr AT dirigo DOT com
http://www.dirigo.com