nv-l

Re: Install NV 5.0

1998-12-18 11:53:06
Subject: Re: Install NV 5.0
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:53:06 -0500
You just received 5.0?   It is already obsolete!!!  Call your source and
demand 5.1 which shipped in September.

As for the install, both 5.0 and 5.1 should come with Release note.  Print
them if you do not have hard copy (which should have come with the
product).   YOU CANNOT INSTALL NETVIEW V5.0 or V5.1 VIA SMIT.  First you
install the Tivoli Framework, and them you install NetView using the
Framework.  That's why you need the Release Notes.  You will also need to
look at the Installation and Configuration Guide, which also shipped hard
copy with the product.  I do not see how you can install without doing
this.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Fransiscus Wahyu <wahyuh AT UT.ASTRA.CO DOT ID> on 12/17/98 11:07:57 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>