nv-l

Re: Ruleset Editor Problems.

1998-12-16 14:23:19
Subject: Re: Ruleset Editor Problems.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:23:19 -0500
Folks

I will say this again.  I cannot accept user requests.  Plenty of people
know how to use NetView, so please post your questions to the NV-L.

Bob -

I am sorry but I don't understand why you cannot just build this ruleset
and implement it.  What part don't you understand?   Do you not know the
Cisco enterprise id, or how to set up the pager, or what?  What are you
trying to query in the database?    Do an ovobjprint -s <hostname> on a
device which is one of those you want to be covered by this ruleset.  What
attribute do you see there that you need to query?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Chong, Bob" <BChong AT livingstonintl DOT com> on 12/16/98 01:52:17 PM