nv-l

Preserving Collection Rules

1998-12-16 06:51:03
Subject: Preserving Collection Rules
From: Wolfgang Klein <wolfgang.klein AT IKOSSVAN DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:51:03 +0000
Date:    Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:12:06 -0500
From:    Chris Cowan <chris.cowan AT 2ND-WAVE DOT COM>
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to save collection rules to an
external file.

I found /usr/OV/conf/.collection.conf.  But it's not a reflection of
what I defined.  So this leads me to believe that there's some way to
load up collection definitions rather than use the GUI
(/usr/OV/bin/collectioned).

Several weeks ago i found here the information that the collection definitions
are stored in /usr/OV/conf/.collection.conf. But this is only the half truth.

The information is mainly stored in the object database and (only?) if the
database is "deleted limited" this file is updated by colmaint (see
/usr/OV/bin/nv6000_smit).

There are no man pages, but you can call colmaint -h from the commandline.

Regards
W.Klein