nv-l

a good SNMP daemon for NT

1998-12-14 08:42:50
Subject: a good SNMP daemon for NT
From: "Rauscher, Rich" <rauscher AT MOFFITT.USF DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:42:50 -0500
Can anyone recommend a good SNMP agent for NT?  I've been using the PERF2MIB
generated stuff but it's got a couple  problems:

1.      It doesn't respond well to GETNEXT requests which causes it to work
poorly with NetView 4.1.
2.      The MIB generated has many variables labeled as Counters that are,
in fact, Integers.
3.      Processor specific variables are reported incorrectly (possibly due
to the SNMP service's own context switching)..

I can work around #2 and #3, but #1 is particularly painful.

Any thoughts?

-Rich