nv-l

Opening NetView from an X station

1998-12-11 16:08:29
Subject: Opening NetView from an X station
From: "Evankovich, Debra A" <devanko AT MTPOWER DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:08:29 -0700
Hello,

My team wants to access our NetView server using Hummingbird Exceed on their
NT PCs.  I am able to create user IDs and bring up the NetView GUI on my NT
PC.  However, when I login as a user, I get *many* windows that say 'Cannot
start command for application' for IP map, iubsearch, TME 10 NetView Windows
Help, and just about every application you can imagine.  A message on the
user console also appears: 'The fork function failed.  Too many processes
already exist.'

If I login as ROOT and start NetView on my PC, I don't have this problem.
Only when I login as a user.  Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!         Debra

Debra Evankovich
Network Analyst
Montana Power Company