nv-l

Re: More fun unmanaging nodes

1998-12-11 07:52:30
Subject: Re: More fun unmanaging nodes
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:52:30 -0500
And if you have only one map and Object Info shows 2, run ovmapcount -a. I
don't
know what causes this but I have been seeing it rather frequently. Maybe
somebody
should call it in....

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

Have you got more than one map?
If so, then the node may not be unmanaged in all maps, just on yours.
To find out, select it and press the right mouse button and select Describe
Object.  (Or you can also check the status with ovobjprint -s
<selection-name> outside the GUI if you like.)  If the status doesn't say
"unmanaged" then it really isn't.  Check the map count.  If it is greater
than 1, then you need to unmanaged the node on the other map as well to get
the behavior you want.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti AT MFS DOT COM> on 12/10/98 03:54:04 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>