nv-l

Re: ping unmanaged

1998-12-09 19:25:40
Subject: Re: ping unmanaged
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:25:40 -0500
On my systems, when I demand-poll something with an unmanaged interface, it
says
'umanaged -- skipping'.  So take a look at the Object Info for that
interface. I'll bet that
it does not say that it is unmanaged. It will say Critical or Normal or
something. I see that
sometimes and take it to mean that things are out of sync. Your unmanaged
action
did not make it all the way to the object database.  You could try
manage/unmanage
again and see if it clears up. Then I would try syncing things up with the
ovmapcount
and ovtopofix commands. If it does not clear up, call Support.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark