nv-l

Re: Cisco-Router

1998-12-10 07:41:47
Subject: Re: Cisco-Router
From: Mark Sklenarik <Mark_Sklenarik AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:41:47 -0500
You need to check the system.sysObjectID against what is defined in the
oid_to_type and the oid_to_sym files, its a exact match.  Also check to see
if you are getting any error messages when you run ovw_fields and
ovw_config, with regards to cisco devices or symbols.  Once you are sure
that all the configuration files are correct, you do need to stop all GUI's
and restart them.  The reason is that all the symbols are put into memory
when the GUI is start, and this memory is not refreshed until the GUI is
restarted.

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik AT tivoli DOT com              Http: www.tivoli.com

Peter Hadamovsky <phadamov AT DEBIS DOT COM> on 12/10/98 07:01:36 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>