nv-l

Re: Deleted objects not returning

1998-12-07 04:45:48
Subject: Re: Deleted objects not returning
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 04:45:48 -0500
A good habit to develop: When cutting and pasting, use Cut..FROM THIS
SUBMAP.
When deleting, use Delete...FROM ALL SUBMAPS. You will never go wrong.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

"Giuliotti, J. P." wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Lately, I have been deleting (or cutting, I don't remember) objects from
my
> map and they have not been returning. For example: I recently changed a
NIC
> on a server and deleted it from all submaps so that I could issue a
demand
> poll to reflect the new MAC address change. It has not come back (it's
been
> a month). I can ping and demand poll the node from netview but its symbol
> doesn't appear on the map (even when I perform a search....). What could
be
> the problem?

Have you tried ovtopofix?
Look at the Object info for the object.  (the demandpoll will show you
the selection name, and then you can look at "ovobjprint -s <selection
name>").  Look at the Maps Exist count and see if it's > 0, or if it
exists.  If you have more than one map, it may be in another.  If you
only have one map, and it's not in there, but the Map Count is 1 or
more,  run ovmapcount -cu to update it, then ovtopofix -a  to remove it.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Network Computing Consulting