nv-l

Re: nvsecd bug ( Nv6000 v5r1 on Framewk v3r6 )

1998-12-03 09:28:38
Subject: Re: nvsecd bug ( Nv6000 v5r1 on Framewk v3r6 )
From: Scott Wilson <swilson AT RPM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:28:38 -0500
That last time that I heard from Tivoli support (this week), the
developer that was working on the fix deemed this a "major problem" that
would be a quick fix.  They would give no ETA on the problem fix, but
assured me that it was a top priority. They said that they would follow
up with me in about two weeks time, but no promises...

The APAR number is:  IX83168, opened about 11/4/98

Simon Long wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For some time now I have observed problems with the nvsecd daemon
> wherein the daemon seems to fail but doesn't take down the other
> daemons.
> This doesn't seem platform dependant.   I know this is a known bug
> - but has it been fixed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon Long
> Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson AT rpm DOT com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.