nv-l

pmd timeout configuration

1998-12-03 06:23:40
Subject: pmd timeout configuration
From: Sergio Costa Lage <slage AT ROCKETMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 03:23:40 -0800
Hi Folks,

I4m running NetView 4.1.2 on AIX 4.1.5. We have developed a CMIP
application that uses Direct Addressing to connect agent and manager.
However this connection is closed automatically by pmd after some
time. Checking on man pages we find out the -c parameter in pmd.lrf
configuration file and changing its value we can control the duration
of our XMP session.
What is annoying me is that -c parameter controls the time for an idle
session to stay open, but our manager application is polling the agent
in 2 or 3 minutes intervals.
1) Is it a bug for Direct Addressing connections?
2) As a work around, I have changed -c parameter to 99999 min. (about
69 days). What is the maximum value I can set?

Thanks in advance,

===
Sergio Costa Lage
slage AT rocketmail DOT com