nv-l

gtm in Client/server configuration

1998-12-02 04:07:47
Subject: gtm in Client/server configuration
From: Luc BARNOUIN AIRSYS-ATM SSD/TCE-TAP <Luc.BARNOUIN AT FR.AIRSYSATM.THOMSON-CSF DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:07:47 +0100
Hi everybody,

We are using TME10 NV5.1 on Digital Unix 4.0, and we have developped an
application based on GTM services, to maintain a specific topology. This works
quite well with a stand-alone Netview configuration, but we are trying to
install a client/server configuration. In such a configuration, we have
observed the following :

- for IP internet topology (managed by netmon and ipmap), server and clients
are correctly updated.
- for other topology (managed by gtmd and xxmap), the server is correctly
updated but not the clients.
Is this a normal behaviour, a known limitation?

Are some of you using the gtm APIs in your developments ?

Thanks for any information

Luc Barnouin
Airsys ATM France