nv-l

Re: Quick question on collections

1998-11-30 07:51:37
Subject: Re: Quick question on collections
From: "Smeriglio,Luca,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Luca.Smeriglio AT NESTLE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:51:37 +0100
Hello Roger, thanks for your reply.
I forgot this option, and hey ! It works. That's exactly what I need.

But...well, with the Query Database Collection in rulesets, you have to
define the
source variable to be compared with the collection content.

It works with traps generated by Netview (by using $2 as the source),
but how do you do it with traps received from an equipment (i.e. router,
hub, ...) ?

I've checked with a sniffer, and unfortunately the network address of the
sender
is not given as a variable (although it's present in the trap as the
'network address').

Without that variable, the ruleset will not forward the trap (of course),
and the
event window associated to the ruleset will only show traps generated by
Netview...

Thanks (again) for your help !
Cheers,
Luca