nv-l

Re: Problems with Events

1998-11-25 17:16:01
Subject: Re: Problems with Events
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:01 -0500
The number one cause of this symptom is a name resolution problem.  It
usually means that the nameserver for your NetView box has poor timeout
parameters or is handing off to another server, which hands off to another
and so on before timeout.  Every NetView trap conatins at least two IP
addresses to resolve into hostnames, and this resolution is repeated by
each daemon which handles the trap on its way to your event window.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Mogamat Kahaar <mogamat AT SNSCON.CO DOT ZA> on 11/25/98 02:29:11 PM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>