nv-l

Execute ruleset between certain hours

1998-11-24 00:26:42
Subject: Execute ruleset between certain hours
From: Tony Manglaviti <eeatym AT EPA.ERICSSON DOT SE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:26:42 +1100
Hi All,
             Could anyone assist me on how to put a time condition in a
rulset set?

eg. If a node down event is recieved between the hours of 18:00 to 8:00
or its Saturday or Sunday  then action is to issue a page.

For the Saturday or Sunday I was using an Inline Action with the command
"date +%u "  (this gives a decimal number for the day eg. Sunday = 7)
and the exit code I specified  was "7" but it didn't work. I'm assuming
that the parameter value from the command should equal the value I
specify in the exit code for the ruleset to continue, but something
tells me that this is not right. Any help in this would be great.

Thanks

Tony
Tony.Manglaviti AT ericsson.com DOT au