nv-l

Re: Netview web server maps

1998-11-20 11:11:22
Subject: Re: Netview web server maps
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny AT DALLAS DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:11:22 -0800
That seems to be a feature of the 5.1 web server.  It will display the first
map that comes up read/write.  If its not up read/write, it will stop
displaying.

This can present problems if you are relying on your web server to be online
24X7.  We have an operations group that runs the read/write at all times.  We
just have to make sure that they know to keep it up, and if it goes down, get
it back up fast.

Art DeBuigny
debuigny AT dallas DOT net
NationsBank/Bank of America Network Operations