nv-l

Re: MIB Collection

1998-11-17 17:10:38
Subject: Re: MIB Collection
From: Simon Long <simon AT NETTRACK.COM DOT AU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:10:38 +1100
Hi,

I would do this by:-

1. First creating a Collection ( using the tools->Collection Editor )
which
    uses an attribute match whereby I would specify that snmpSysObjId (
or
    something fairly close )must be equal to the specific system OID (
you can
    get this using the MIB browser ).

    I would test and verify this collection to sure it gathers in the
necessary hosts.

2. Indicate in setting up the Data Collection ( ie. tools -> Data
Collection &
    Thresholding  ) that the Collection Name  is the source of the
collection.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simon Long