nv-l

Re: ovtopmd problems

1998-11-17 10:43:39
Subject: Re: ovtopmd problems
From: Charles Boyce <c.boyce AT AIS-NMS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:43:39 -0800
For anyone interested in the resolution to this problem, it looks like it
was not related to the date change but to a socket that could not be
re-established.  I stopped the NetView daemons and then deleted the files
from the /usr/OV/sockets directory. NetView restarted with no problems after
this.  I think that during the shutdown of AIX, NetView did not shutdown
clean.